Category archives: Sarah Raanan
- So, I've been offline for a while, galavanting round Tanzania climbing a really big mountain and then coming down again. While I was away, I kept thinking about writing this post because I knew which image I would be using (and because thinking about my photography was a really good distraction from[...]
- So, I have a confession to make. I'm lazy with my blogging. It's a bit like when I come downstairs to a messy kitchen. I love it when the kitchen is tidy, and I even try looking at the mess for really long periods of time and using the power of my mind to focus & transform it, but there's only o[...]
- For years I have wanted a special quilt made for my portrait sessions but I always ended up spending the money on something else more 'important'. Finally, 8 years later, I have this stunning quilt (and a matching bunny rabbit which will feature soon!) made by the very talented Ramona Freedman of My[...]
- Round 2 of 'Our Beautiful Life' kicks off in just a few more days. I have 2 remaining places on the course and then registration will be closed until the next round.
And remember, if you get a friend to sign up too, you'll both get a FREE bonus lesson!
Read all about the course and sign up h[...]
And so the 'blog catch up' continues..
Found it almost impossible to select photos from our family reunion over Pesach. But I have to just get some photos up before it is all a distant memory!
So special when family gets together and we were so lucky to have the opportunity to[...]
- Last Monday I met Katie and her family in Park Hayarkon in Tel Aviv. Katie and I first met online and last week was our first time meeting in real life (she took part in my very first online photography course 'Our Beautiful Life'. SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT: Round 2 registration for 'Our Beautiful Life'[...]
- "Living life is fun and we've just begun
To get our share of the world's delights
High hopes we have for the future
And our goal's in sight
No we don't get depressed
Here's what we call our golden rule
Have faith in you and the things you do.."
..I found myself singing that a lot over Pesach [...]
- “Courage. Kindness. Friendship. Character. These are the qualities that define us as human beings, and propel us, on occasion, to greatness.”
― R.J. Palacio, Wonder
I was so thrilled when my friend and neighbour asked me to photograph Liat before her Bat Mitzvah. Pre Bar/Batmitzvah sessions [...]
- "We greatly influence others with our thoughts...If our thoughts are kind, peaceful, and quiet, turned only toward good, then we also influence ourselves and radiate peace all around us."
I have no idea where that quote came from but that is Tamara for you; radiating peace all around her.[...]
- In the last few weeks I think I have been to 4 Bat Mitzvahs. And without fail, each time I see the slideshow or the baby photos it makes me so emotional. I mean I know I may seem biased, being a photographer and all that but at the end of the day, we realise just how important it is to photograph ou[...]
- Meet Leon. A Barmitzvah boy who was born in England, moved to Australia and had his Bar Mitzvah in Israel. Complicated much? Actually not at all. It was a wonderful, special weekend which was enjoyed by much of his extended family and even some friends from Oz! I had the very special task of taking [...]
- "To the outside world we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other’s hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time. ~Clara Ortega"